Miscellaneous Costs (AKA. “Sundry Costs”) are often added by Runners and Reception, and those users may not have a full picture of all the Projects that are taking place. Often this can lead to Costs being added to the wrong Jobs.
In order to capture this before the Costs are billed to the client, we require the Producer to Approve each cost on their Project.
As the Producer you can approve costs on your Jobs and Projects quite easily. We suggest doing this one Project at a time.
- Open the Project
- Select “Misc Costs” from the “Entities” tab
It is also possible to do this one Job at a time.
- Open the relevant Job
- Check the “Misc Costs” tab
Finally you can use the Sundry Management tool to search for costs.
- Open the “Sundry Management” page by clicking the link in the main menu
- Enter whatever search criteria you wish
- Click search
- Review the Costs shown in the list
- Click the green check marks in the Status column to set to “Approved”
- If there is an issue with one of the items, you can set the status to “Flagged” by clicking on the red flag icon. These items can then be searched for later.